This is an economical dish that can be prepared and then sliced up and frozen and used for lunches or easy weeknight dinners.
Ingredients (15 serves)
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
375g zucchini, grated - squeeze out most of the moisture.
1 large onion, finely chopped
200g rindless bacon, chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
3. Lightly fry bacon & onion in a drizzle of the oil.
4. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
5. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
6. Season to taste.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.