The Fresh Ingredient currently has Butternut Pumpkin and Zucchini on special, so I decided to try my hand at a little roast vegetable tart.
With more time on a weekend I would make the pastry from scratch, but for a quick, tasty & slightly fancy weeknight dinner, this works!
I served these with lamb cutlets & a roasted beetroot, roasted garlic & fetta puree.
1 zucchini, halved and cut into 2cm pieces
1 sml butternut pumpkin cut into 2cm pieces
2 red onions cut into small wedges
Wollombi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
100g Binnorie Marinated Goat Fetta
1 egg yolk
2 tsp water
Paradise Beach Basil Pesto to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Combine pumpkin & zucchini in a bowl & toss with olive oil.
3. Spread vegetables in a single layer on baking tray, drizzle red onion with oil.
4. Roast vegetables for 25mins or until tender, turning only once.
5. Cool vegetables on the tray.
6. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
7. Using a pastry cutter, cut six circles from the pastry.
8. Arrange pastry circles on baking tray(s).
9. Place teaspoons full of Marinated Goat Fetta in the centre of each pastry circle.
10. Arrange a few pieces of each cooled, roasted vegetable in each circle, leaving enough room to fold up the edges, build up, rather than out.
11. Fold pastry up around the vegetables & pleat the pastry.
12. Lightly beat egg yolk and water & using a pastry brush wash the tarts with this mix.
13. Bake tarts for 25-30mins or until pastry is golden brown.
14. Add a small dollop of Paradise Beach Basil Pesto & serve warm.