Over summer the bananas at "The Fresh Ingredient" were ripening incredibly quickly. We decided that every now & again we would put a box of these super ripe bananas on the bench outside the shop with a sign saying"free to a good home".
Naturally most of these bananas went off to good homes. This recipe was left by a friendly customer alongside the box of bananas.
I haven't had a chance to make the Banana Loaf until today, it will now go into my regular repertoire.
It is simple, tasty, economical & fast....what more could you ask for. I prefer to use organic flour and milk & free-range eggs, but this isn't necessary.
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 bananas (mashed)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Grease & line a loaf tin.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl, add remaining ingredients & mix until combined - do not over mix.
4. Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.
6. When cool slice using a bread knife, serve with butter if required.