Local seedless mandarins are coming into season, they are great to eat on their own, but even more lovely as part of a meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
· 500g (approx. 2) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
· 4 medium (Black Hill) seedless mandarins, peeled, segmented
· 3 shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
· 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
· 1 handful (about 80g) snow pea sprouts, cut in half
· 1 bunch coriander leaves, picked
· 5cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into very thin strips
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1 tablespoon peanut oil
· 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- Poach chicken by placing pieces in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stir and turn occasionally. Remove chicken to a bowl. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice the chicken.
- Combine the chicken, mandarin, capsicum, sprouts, coriander, shallots and ginger in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil in a jug. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Divide among plates. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve.